Redeem a Gift Card
When you redeem an Amazon.com Gift Card or gift voucher to your account, the funds are stored in Your Account and will automatically apply to your next eligible order.
- Find the claim code.
- Go to Redeem a Gift Card.
- Enter your claim code and select Apply to Your Balance.
- If you want to keep your gift card balance to spend on another occasion, see Keep Your Gift Card Balance to Use Later.
- If you haven’t already redeemed your gift card to your account, you can enter your claim code during checkout by entering the claim code in the Gift Cards & promotional codes field on the Review your order page.
- If your order total is more than your gift card balance, Amazon will charge the remaining amount to your default payment method. Often you may use Amazon Gift Cards as a partial form of payment for an item. In some cases, if you are adding Amazon Gift Cards to your Amazon account after the order is placed but not shipped, any new Amazon Gift Card added to your Amazon account will be automatically applied to the order placed once it’s shipped.
- You can’t use a gift card to purchase other gift cards.
- If you are having issues redeeming your gift card, visit our Gift Card Redemption Issues help page.